The Avera Sports Institute houses the latest equipment, the highest quality surfaces and vast space for realisitic movement. Our 40,000-square-foot facility features:
- 60-by-40-yard MondoTurf® playing surface for soccer, football, baseball, softball and golf. MondoTurf® represents monofilament technology, the latest in synthetic surfaces, and the closest look and feel to natural grass. MondoTurf® is filled with Ecofill, a ground-up rubber infill designed to provide optimum shock absorption and lower field temperatures.
- 60-meter Mondo® surface sprint track and long-jump pit, for a world-class running and jumping experience. Our sprint track gives our trainers opportunities to develop the block, acceleration and maximum speed phases of sprinting while also providing an unmatched facility for working on triple and long jump technique. The Mondo® Super-X track surface offers outstanding cushioning and gives sprinters of all ages the best and safest training environment in the Sioux Empire.
- Full-sized hardwood court for basketball and volleyball. The Rezill-channel fixed floor offers the highest shock absorption technology on the market, and is the same flooring used by NBA and top Division I teams.
- Baseball and softball hitting cages and pitching mounds. Our portable cages provide a great, extra-wide area for hitting, throwing and pitching. Several cages are outfitted with IronMike pitching machines, the most durable machines on the market, suitable for either baseball or softball batting practice. Additionally, a number of pocket nets are available for tee-work and soft-toss drills to develop hitting skills.
- 10,000 square foot speed, strength and conditioning area for the Avera McKennan Acceleration program
- Classroom space for conferences or team meetings
- Locker and shower facilities
- General fitness facilities, complete with treadmills, ellipticals and strength training equipment. This is an ideal setup for the parent dropping their kids off for training, or business executives who want to hit a bucket of golf balls or sneak in a quick workout.
- Facility rental information »
- View a tour of our Avera Sports Institute Facility »