"One call takes care of all your home care needs."
Osceola Community Health Services provides professional care for clients of all ages. An individual plan of care is developed to meet each person's special needs. The agency provides a full range of health care and social services to the client and his family in familiar surroundings.
Experienced and Caring
Nurses Provide Specialized Care
- Skilled assessment and teaching
- Wound care, dressing changes
- IV therapy
- Catheter care
- Medication teaching and assistance
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Compassion and support for the terminally ill and their families
- Provide care to uphold dignity and keep pain and other symptoms under control in own home or home-like setting
- Offers grief support to the surviving family
Home Care Aides are trained to assist
- Personal care/bathing and dressing
- Exercises/walking/transfers from bed
- Essential shopping/meal preparation
- Light housekeeping/laundry
- Companionship/relief for caregiver
- Child and adult protective services
As a public health provider, OCHS is committed to promote, preserve, and protect the health of our communities.
Our agency provides services for our communities through:
The Northwest Iowa Tobacco Free Coalition (NWITFC) is dedicated to providing guidance and support for local tobacco control interventions and initiatives in Lyon, O'Brien, Osceola, Plymouth, and Sioux counties in Northwest Iowa.
Goals of the Coalition:
- Preventing young people from starting to smoke.
- Reducing the exposure of individuals to second hand smoke.
- Encouraging youth and adults to quit tobacco use.
Please call the NWITFC 712-737-2971 for more information or if you would like to become involved in these efforts.
To see what's going on with Tobacco Prevention at the state level check out the Iowa Department of Public Health' website http://idph.state.ia.us/TUPAC/ or check out Quitline Iowa's home page https://www.quitnow.net/iowa/.
Foot Care Clinic:
Osceola Community Health Service continues to offer foot care for the elderly and/or disabled residents of Osceola County. You are welcome to attend any clinic in the county, if you call ahead and make an appointment with the contact person of that community. Cost is $23.00
If able, Please soak your feet prior to your visit.
Sibley: Second Wednesday of each month at Osceola Community Health Services 115 Cedar Lane, Sibley, Iowa. 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Call OCHS 712-754-4611 to make an appointment.
Ocheyedan: First Wednseday of every other month at Ocheyedan Senior Activity Center, 845 Main St. Ocheyedan, Iowa. February 6, April 3, June 5, August 7, October 2, December 4. 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Call Marlys Brehmer 712-758-3182 to make an appointment.
- Melvin: Fourth Wednesday every other month at Melvin Civic Center Fire Station, Melvin, Iowa. January 23, March 27, May 22, July 24, September 25, November 27. 12:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. Call Jan 712-736-2163 to make an appointment.
Referrals can be made to Osceola Community Health Services by medical professionals, social workers, family members, and clients. In-home evaluations are available free of charge. Clients need not be in the hospital for home care services to be initiated.
"No person shall be excluded from participation, be denied benefits, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination on the grounds of race, creed, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, testing positive for human immuno-deficiency virus, or sexual orientation."
Payment may be covered by:
- Iowa Department of Public Health Grant Funds
- Northwest Aging Association Grant
- Private Insurance
- Osceola County Funding
- Private Pay
Osceola Community Health Services is a Medicare certified agency. The agency is governed by the Board of Health and Osceola Community Hospital Board of Trustees. Our office would be pleased to assist you with determining your funding source and will submit your claims for services.
Hours and Location
Home care services are available 24 hours a day.
Regular office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Osceola Community Health Services is located at 115 Cedar Lane, Sibley, Iowa.
For referrals, questions, or further information call our office at:
Telephone: (712) 754-4611
Fax: (712) 754-4612