Physical therapy at Sioux Center Hospital & Health Center Avera provides services to help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. A physical therapist helps you recover and return to the highest possible level of participation and self-sufficiency. In addition to physical therapy, we also offer respiratory and occupational therapy, and speech and language services.
Sioux Center Physical Therapy
605 South Main Ave
Sioux Center, IA 51250
Hull Physical Therapy
807 Main, Suite C
Hull, IA 51239
Common Physical Therapy Conditions
- Athletic Injuries - muscle and ligament strains, sprains and pains
- Back Pain - cervical, lumbar or thoracic pain; disc problems; spinal alignment disorders; pre- or post-operative patients. Patients with back pain are seen more frequently than any other condition in our Physical Therapy Department
- Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation - pre- or post-operative joint replacements including knee, hip, etc; muscle, tendon, cartilage and/or ligament repair
- Geriatric Programs - Programs specifically designed for the special needs of seniors
- Post-Partum Programs - programs designed for post birth mothers.
- Skin Care - wound care including ulcers or puncture wounds and Burn Care
- Stroke Rehabilitation
What is ImPACT?
ImPact is a program that allows clinicians to evaluate an athlete’s recovery following a concussion. Athletes who participate in the program take a 20-minute computer test that provides an accurate measurement of their cognitive abilities. If a concussion is suspected during the season, a follow-up test is administered to see if the results changed. This comparison helps diagnose and manage the concussion of athletes, and is used widely in professional, college and high school sports.
Click here for more information about ImPACT