Avera Prayer Line
Avera is the health ministry of the Benedictine Sisters of Yankton, S.D., and the Presentation Sisters of Aberdeen, S. D. The Sisters welcome and respect people of all beliefs and traditions. Avera colleagues throughout the organization share the Sisters' values, and many join with the Sisters in holding these requests in prayer. We encourage you to post your own personal prayer request and to join us in praying for the intentions listed here.
Your prayer request will be sent to the Benedictine and Presentation Sisters, and those not marked private will be displayed on this webpage.
Guidelines for Entering a Prayer Request
In posting your prayer request, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Identify yourself by first name only.
- Do not identify another person or situation, or provide any confidential information in your prayer. (No last names, addresses, phone numbers, place of employment, etc.)
- Your request will remain on the site for one week. Do not re-post the request during this time.
- Limit your posts to no more than 500 characters per day.
- At this time, we are able to receive and post only prayers in English.
We will review all prayer requests and attempt to post them within 24 hours. We reserve the right to edit requests for content, confidentiality and length, and to not post those requests that we deem inappropriate. We will not post prayer chain notices, sermonettes on various topics, lobbying or commercial references, and the like. If your request is not posted, it will have fallen under this disclaimer and no special notice will be given.
If you would like to make a prayer request, please use the form below. Your prayer request will be sent to the Benedictine and Presentation Sisters, and those not marked private will be displayed on this webpage.
Please press submit only once. There may be a short delay. Pressing more than once duplicates your submission.